Wednesday, February 20, 2008

RECORDING UPDATE #2

Monday, February 18th-

DJ Malvitch returned with his bass amp, through which I laid down tracks for Agatha, Changing of Turns, and Sunlight. After a few hours of dillying and dallying he made his way back to his woman. At this time I met Erik for a cup of coffee, and we were surprised to see our lovely friend Rachel at the same establishment. She came back to help record It's Taken Care Of. After I recorded the acoustic guitar track, we fleshed it out with Erik's piano work, Rachel's Whistle, and all our combined hands' snapping. After Rachel departed I went back and redid a bunch of guitar parts. I also recorded my voice in a new manner that better suits the recordings. Yippee. Went to bed at 9:30 am.

Tuesday, February 19th-

Erik and I were again joined by Jeremy, who was accompanied by Eric (with a 'c'). We recorded Jeremy's drums for You Said You Saw Red, and after I conjured up the guitar for The Limit Lost, Jeremy threw his hot beats on that. Feeling like perhaps some music besides these few songs deserved to be created, we took a break to jam for a while. After that ended I spent the night working on editing the new tracks. Now it's time for bed - I'm getting better, it just turned 5.

-J

No comments: