I'm in bed as I type this. I have a bit of a cold, or a fever, i'm not sure which. My head feels like it's filled with helium. My body is sore for no reason at all. I have become REALLY LAME.
It's been almost a year since the JSB Squad mission began. It started out as Jeremy, Erik and I getting together to play a show because I told Mick I'd have a band ready to open for him, and has now ballooned to an eleven member extravaganza. I'm pleased with the progress. I think those who have been to a squad show have been equally pleased, if not more so. We are, as you may know, the mayors of Pleasure Town.
It's also been almost a year since the release of the first Mick Bassett & The Marthas EP, and we are on the precipice of releasing our sophomore effort. This one will excite you, I promise . . . it's turning out much grittier, rock 'n' rollier. I'm excited.
I lied to everyone and said I'd release an acoustic EP at the end of November. I never ended up completing it. To be honest, it's become very hard to be enthusiastic about music lately. Any artist will tell you they go through their ups and downs, both creatively and motivationally, and this is definitely a period of motivational drudgery for me. I can barely get out of bed these days, let alone set up a microphone or bash out some chords on the piano. It all takes too much effort. I'm thinking of this as my vacation. Hopefully it'll be over soon, I'm getting a little homesick.
I'm going to bed. Hugs and Kisses.
-Jesse
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment